In September 2023, Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall School will open its doors to 8th-grade students who will be the first class of the Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall Middle School. After this initial year, the Middle School will expand to 7th and 8th grades.
The School is seeking a creative, enthusiastic, progressively minded, and hard-working individual to teach in our brand-new Middle School, beginning in the 2023-24 school year. As a school that embraces Multiple Intelligences philosophy and Differentiated Instruction pedagogy, we seek teachers who work diligently to reach all learners and believe, as we do, that it is not “how smart you are” but rather “how you are smart.” This position involves teaching 4 sections of 8th-grade STEM, serving as an 8th-grade advisor, and contributing to the creation and growth of the new Middle School. The teacher will also participate in one season of the School’s co-curricular program.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- A creative and progressive approach to teaching and learning
- Willingness to work hard and have fun, embracing the organized chaos that is life in a Middle School Commitment and ability to develop connections with students
- Demonstrated capacity to teach Life Sciences and Pre-Algebra and Algebra I at the Middle School level (grades 5-8)
- A working understanding of Multiple Intelligences philosophy and Differentiated Instruction pedagogy
- Prior teaching experience in teaching math and/or science at the Middle School level (grades 5-8)
- Ability and willingness to advance the School's commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in all areas of school life
- An academic background, and preferably a major, in math or science
- Ability to contribute positively to our co-curricular program
- Ability to participate in student recruitment and curriculum planning during the spring and summer of ‘23 (stipend will be provided)