The Board of Trustees is the governing body of the school. As such, it oversees both the immediate and long-term success of the institution. The board carries out critical fiduciary, strategic and generative functions for the school. In practical terms, this means that the board:
- Sets the school's mission, and reviews and revises it periodically
- Creates the school's strategic plan, modifying it as needed
- Monitors the overall performance of the school, working with the administration to achieve optimal status in all areas
- Selects, evaluates, supports and, when necessary, replaces the head of school
- Conserves and grows the school's resources
- Builds the school's reputation and renown in its many communities nationally and across the globe
Ours is a working Board of Trustees. It meets five times a year in full session. Trustees also work monthly with school administrators on board committees. Our board committees include: Executive, Development, Faculty Experience, Audit, Committee on Trustees, Investment, Buildings and Grounds, Marketing, Finance, and Performance Review and Compensation.