Note that when determining the bases for our use of your information, we rely on what we consider to be the most appropriate basis, even if there are multiple bases available in connection with our use. 6. How We Share this Information
We value your privacy, and we share the information we collect only in the manner set out below.6.1 Our Service Providers.
We engage third parties to perform functions on our behalf, and these may include maintaining the Platform, collecting information, responding to and sending email or other messages, and other functions useful to our business. In this capacity, we may provide service providers with Personally Identifiable Information, Non-Personally Identifiable Information, and Anonymous Information as applicable. The following are examples:
6.2 Questions of Harm; Legal Process.
- We may use service providers (i) to complete your donation payments, (ii) to provide customer service (where applicable), (iii) to process and distribute email, (iv) to manage marketing and similar activities; and (v) to receive assistance in organizing and hosting our events and programs. These service providers generally require access to your Personally Identifiable Information in order to perform these services.
- We may use analytics service providers to assist us in understanding and using Non-Personally Identifiable Information and other information that we collect via the Site. A service we use in this regard is Google Analytics, and information concerning how Google uses the information is available at https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners, and opt-out options specific to Google Analytics are available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We may use service providers to anonymize and aggregate Personally Identifiable Information in order to generate Anonymous Information.
- We may engage service providers to analyze the interests and attributes of our users and, using techniques based on Anonymous Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information, identify others who might share those interests and attributes.
- We do not permit our service providers to use the information we give them for any purpose other than providing services to us.
We may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information to third parties, including law enforcement agencies, attorneys, and private investigator organizations, where it is necessary, or where we have a good faith belief that it is necessary:
- To comply with legal process;
- To protect and defend our rights and property, including the Platform and associated content;
- To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Services;
- To protect the personal safety or property of Platform users or the public, including your personal safety or property (it being understood that we assume no duty to provide, or monitor the need for, such protections); and
- To cooperate with public and government authorities including, where required, authorities outside your jurisdiction
While you are not able to opt out of this use of information, we will take reasonable steps to limit such use, and disclose only the information we reasonably believe is necessary for the above purposes. If we receive legal process calling for the disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information, we will attempt to notify you within a reasonable amount of time, unless such notification is not permitted.6.3 Transfer of the Platform.
We recognize the sensitivity of our users' Personally Identifiable information and we have put in place security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of this information. Our security systems include physical, technical, and administrative information security controls, and we take commercially reasonable steps to secure and safeguard such Personally Identifiable Information in accordance with Applicable Law.8. Our Retention of Data
We retain Personally Identifiable Information for the period of time necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we obtained the Personally Identifiable Information and consistent with Applicable Law. We use the following criteria to set our retention periods: (i) the duration of our relationship with you; (ii) the existence of a legal obligation as to the retention period; and (iii) the advisability of retaining the information in light of our legal position (for example, in light of applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations). 9. Accuracy and Minimization of Data
We take reasonable steps (i) to maintain the accuracy of the Personally Identifiable Information we process; and (ii) to limit the Personally Identifiable Information that we process to that which is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which we obtained the information.10. Accessing and Updating Your Information
If you would like to review, correct, or update the Personally Identifiable Information that you have provided to us, or if you would like to request an electronic copy of this Personally Identifiable Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent Applicable Law provides you with this right to data portability) you may make such requests by us as provided in Section 17 (Contact Us).11. Your Right to Opt-Out; Object to Processing; Deleting Information11.1 Unsubscribing to Email.
If you no longer wish to receive email messages from us, you can opt out of this Service by either (1) following the "unsubscribe" instructions located near the bottom of each email message, or (2) contacting us as provided in Section 17 (Contact Us).11.2 Deleting Information.
If you object to our processing of your Personally Identifiable Information, and a request for us to delete this Information is not, in your view, sufficient, please contact us as provided in Section 17 (Contact Us).11.4 Anonymous Information.
If you are protected by the GDPR with respect to our use of your information, upon proper request, we will take the steps set out in the GDPR to erase your Personally Identifiable Information, including information that may be publicly available via our Platform, such as, for example, Personally Identifiable Information made publicly available through User-Generated Content. 12. Advisory Regarding Participation by Children and Teens
California law requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California users who ask about business practices related to disclosing Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. The California "Shine the Light" law further requires us to allow California residents to opt out of certain disclosures of Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. 15. Complaints
We want your feedback. If you have suggestions on how we can improve our Services or complaints you would like us to address, please contact us at the address set out in Section17 (Contact Us).
email@example.com 18. Definitions
(Anonymous Information). If you are protected by the GDPR with respect to our use of your information, the term "Anonymous Information" has the same meaning as information generated by a "pseudonymisation" processes, as that term is defined under the GDPR.18.2 "Applicable Law"
means statutes, regulations, and any other laws that apply to the Website, the Services, or the Platform. For example, if you are protected by the GDPR with respect to our use of your information, the term "Applicable Law" includes the GDPR.18.3 "GDPR"
means the European Union General Data Protection Regulation.18.4 "Legitimate Interest"
means, for purposes of the GDPR, that there is a good reason for the processing your Personally Identifiable Information, and that the processing is carried out in a way that minimizes impacts (if any) on your privacy rights and interests. The term "Legitimate interest" also refers to our use of information in ways that you would reasonably expect, based on your relationship to us. For example, there is a Legitimate Interest in collecting and processing your Personally Identifiable Information: (i) to safeguard our Platform, networks, content, and related information and resources; (ii) to administer and generally conduct our business; and (iii) to prevent fraud.18.5 "Non-Personally Identifiable Information"
has meaning set out in Section 3.2 (Non-Personally Identifiable Information).18.6 "Personally Identifiable Information"
has meaning as set out in Section 3.1 (Personally Identifiable Information). If you are protected by the GDPR with respect to our use of your information, the term "Personally Identifiable Information" has the same meaning as the term "personal data" under the GDPR.